How to Apply for VA Education Benefits for Transfer Students
Applying for VA benefits does not constitute admissions to APSU, so you will need to apply for admissions first.
Transfer applicants refer to those who have utilized their VA education benefits within the past 4 years at another school and now want to utilize these benefits at APSU.
- If you have used the Montgomery GI Bill, Chapter 30 at a previous school, please follow this checklist.
- If you are using the Chapter 32 (VEAP) and you have used the benefit at another school, please follow this checklist.
- If you have used the Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit at another school, please follow this checklist.
- If you are the dependent of a service member who has transferred the Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill to you and you have used the benefit at another school, please follow this checklist.
- If you are a dependent child of a service member who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001 who has not used benefits at another school, please follow this checklist:
- If you are eligible for the Chapter 35 (DEA) and have used it at another school, please use this checklist.
- If you have used Mongomery GI Bill, Chapter 1606,1607, or REAP at a previous school, please follow this checklist.
VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- If you wish to use VA Vocational Rehab, please follow this checklist.
Helping Heroes Grant Program is established as part of the Tennessee system of lottery-funded scholarships and is administered by the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC). Its purpose is to provide post-secondary education financial assistance. It is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. A limited number of recipients will receive $1000 per semester (full-time) or $500 per semester (part-time) for up to 8 semesters. Click here for eligibility, application and award details.
TCA § 49-7-102, Veterans' Dependents' Post-Secondary Education Program provides that every dependent child under the age of 21 years of age of certain veterans, or the spouse of certain veterans may receive educational assistance in the form of a wavier of tuition, student activity fees, and/or required registration or matriculation fees. Click here for eligibility and application.