Tips for APSU Parents
- Make plans to attend Family Weekend in the fall.
- Remind your student that attending class regularly is key to being successful academically.
- Encourage your student to build a time management schedule.
- Be sympathetic, but careful not to provide too many suggestions on how to fix your
- If your student is homesick, encourage them to get a part-time job or join an on-campus organization. Students can also connect with a faculty or staff member, volunteer with others, or connect with others in their academic major.
- Send a care package to your student just because or during stressful midterm exams.
Examples of items to send include snacks, family photos, notes, and gift cards.
- Encourage your student to discuss residence issues with their roommate and seek assistance
from the Resident Assistant or Housing staff if needed.
- Remind your student of the Academic Support Center if they desire tutoring or writing assistance.
- Encourage your student to make an appointment with Counseling Services if the stress becomes overwhelming, or to help manage things better. Consults are
free and confidential
- Follow the Parent and Family Association on Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact us if you need assistance or have concerns - via email email@example.com or by phone (931) 221-6570.